01. Mitt says, "It's hard to know just how well [the London Olympics] will turn out. There are a few things that were disconcerting… it is obviously not something which is encouraging.”
The Senator has his claws out for the UK on the eve of the Olympics, suggesting the organisers are unprepared. At their conclusion, the Games are globally acclaimed as being one of the most successful and well organised in history.
02. Mitt says, "There are 47% of the people who will vote for the president no matter what… 47% who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them… My job is not to worry about those people.”
An amateur video recording in Florida causes outrage as Romney makes the accusation that people who depend on the State think of themselves as "victims" and are therefore undeserving of his concern.
03. Mitt says, “I get speaker's fees from time to time, but not very much.”
It must be a comfort to an audience of unemployed Floridians to hear from a kindred spirit pleading poverty. Yet Mitt fails to mention his speaking fees were just shy of half a million dollars in 2011, and that his net worth is around the $200 million mark.
04. Mitt says, "I believe in an America where millions of Americans believe in an America that's the America millions of Americans believe in. That's the America I love."
A stirring extract from Romney’s South Carolina stump speech, where he passionately and clearly expresses his vision for… erm… well, actually we’re not quite sure what.
05. Mitt says, "I'm not familiar precisely with what I said, but I'll stand by what I said, whatever it was."
When Romney is quizzed over his alleged intentions to “make America less Christian”, his response is to staunchly defend a statement he cannot even remember making.
And now a gif of Jessica Alba dressed as a cowgirl. God bless America.
Words by Tom Ryder