From too many smiley faces to the occasional misspelled word, texting the opposite sex can be more challenging for some guys than it needs to be. Sure, talking to a girl is simple, but when emotions are taken out and just words and emojis are used, things can get lost in translation pretty quickly.
That's why we put together a few dos and don'ts we learned from speaking to girls, who are more knowledgeable about love than us and also have their fair share of horror stories from the smartphone screen.
So pay attention, practice what we preach, and you may not come off as a total weirdo, perv, or otherwise salacious individual.
1. DO Send Random Funny Pictures And GIFs // DON’T Send Dick Pics
2. DO Re-Read Your Texts Before You Send Them // DON’T Rely On Spell Check
3. DO Text To Set Up A First Date // DON’T Text To Break Up With Someone
4. DO Make Fun Of Her Overuse Of Abbreviations // DON’T Use Too Many Abbreviations Yourself, LOL
5. DO Respond Within An Hour // DON’T Text Repeatedly When She Hasn't Replied
6. DON’T Text Under The Influence // DO Invite Her Out Before You're Too Drunk
7. DO Recognize When You're In The Friend-Zone // DON’T Be Too Full-On Straight Away
8. DON’T Send Vague Text Messages About Meeting Up // DO Grow A Pair And Set An Actual Date
9. DON’T Text Your Ex // DO Seriously Listen To This One, Texting Her Is The Worst Idea