Image via Getty
As the marijuana industry continues to boom, one of the many things that it's creating is lots of unique jobs for people. From retail shops popping up in certain states and cities around the country to people creating interesting new products that are revolutionizing the way people consume weed, marijuana news is constantly coming out with new things.
And, whether you identify yourself as a stoner, a once-in-a-while kind of user or someone who's just interested in experimenting with pot, we've got some cool marijuana jobs that will take your career higher — get it?!? Talking with some of the leading experts in the industry, we got a bunch of suggestions on what cannabis jobs are helping the popularity of the drug expand even more.
So, instead of looking for a new job that's boring, unfulfilling and requires you to stare at a computer screen from 9-to-5, take a look at some of the marijuana jobs that will bring a certain spark to your normal work day. Plus, when people talk about a work-life balance, we'd imagine it's something people in the marijuana industry probably take very seriously, so that's a definite perk of working at one of these gigs.
- “What makes this job really cool is that in addition to the normal legal work of helping clients build and run their businesses, we are also simultaneously contributing to the establishment and growth of an entirely new industry in America: legalized cannabis. As a result, the spirit of coopetition infuses the industry. That is truly special and rare in the normal dog-eat-dog world in which most lawyers operate.” — Mitchell Kulick, Founder and Head of Cannabis Practice at Feuerstein Kulick LLP
- "Being in the cannabis industry opens a world of new opportunities everyday. The science and efficiencies of growing cannabis are moving so fast that there is never a dull moment. Things change daily, keeping you on your toes. Staying up to date with innovative technologies in cannabis is probably the coolest 'work' one could have.” — Wil Ralston, President of SinglePoint
- "Most of us are relatively new to working in cannabis full time, but cannabis and edibles have been a passion of mine for years, so this is like a hobby on steroids. Being able to engage in product development full time is totally rejuvenating for me. I work a full day and still spend hours each night experimenting with new recipes for Betty’s Eddies, Kalm Fusion, and Natures Heritage. It’s very motivating knowing that you are helping people through cannabis." — Ryan Crandall, VP of Product and Sales for MariMed Inc.
- "One hand on the handlebar while drinking from a firehose as I and my dozen or so happy warrior colleagues are standing up the highway and bridge pylons, laying the tracks, and installing the traffic lights of what will become the unique banking and financial crypto blockchain infrastructure of this whole amazing transformative disruptive industry is heady stuff indeed.
From Woodstock to Millennials the core of this industry are my peeps.
I’ll sleep when I’m dead.” — Nathaniel Gurien, CEO of FINCANN
- "I think I have the coolest job on the planet because the energy of this movement allows people from all walks of life and industries to converge. I was able to truly be humbled by meeting some of the brightest minds from across so many industries and learning from their experiences. If you are coming from another industry and feel you have something special to offer, you probably do, but be prepared to be humbled and learn from this industry as well. I believe this convergence of experience and mind is one of the main driving forces for this industry’s growth.” — Richard Huang, Co-Founder of Cloudious9
- "The coolest part of my job is watching the people in this industry work so hard to build an industry from the ground up. Providing an incredible product to cannabis retailers for free gives me a unique view into the businesses of hundreds of partners across the nation. Nothing beats being a part of this beautiful, green revolution that is re-educating the masses and unearthing the truth about the benefits of a simple plant that has been demonized far too long." — Kelly Embry, Head of Network Growth at Eyechronic TV
- "There is not another multi-billion dollar market growing at this rate anywhere in the world. Opportunities like this are rare, and to be a part of something that has been stigmatized for so long, while also helping to remove the negative connotations around cannabis is special. Cannabis is helping so many people, for a range of reasons. It’s rewarding to help people discover safe products that can dramatically improve their lives.” — Matt Singer, CEO of tökr
- "It comes down to working with some of the warmest and most creative people I’ve ever been exposed to. We work hard, but there is a feeling we are part of an important change in the lives of many people. Decriminalizing cannabis and making it part of natural life is gratifying and empowering.” — Gorgi Naumovski, CEO of Thrive
Lead image via Getty.