Forget Netflix and Chill, guys, because, dare I say it, we might just have Netflix, Toke and... OK, chill, because the video-streaming service just partnered up with a California-based marijuana dispensary to create strains of pot inspired by popular Netflix shows — and we're high AF just thinking about it.
Looking to promote its new weed-centric comedy show Disjointed — which premiered August 25 and stars Kathy Bates as Ruth Whitefeather Feldman, who employs her 20-something-year-old son and a team of pot enthused people to help run her own dispensary in L.A. — Netflix figured they'd just act out the show's premise in real-life coming up with 10 strains to do just that.
MORE: The Beginner's Guide To Weed: The Differences Between Indica And Sativa. See Story Here
According to AdWeek, Netflix worked with Alternative Herbal Health Services, or AHHS, developing the 10 Netflix-inspired strains together, and selling them exclusively from a weed pop-up inside of a West Hollywood medical marijuana dispensary. These were the available types: Disjointed, Lady Dynamite, BoJack Horseman, Orange Is the New Black, Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later, Mystery Science 3000: The Return, Arrested Development, Grace and Frankie, Chelsea and Santa Clarita Diet.
Although the strains were named after Netflix shows, for of legal reasons, no one from the company, nor anyone from the company in charge of activation, touched any of the products.
MORE: These Weed Horror Stories Remind You To Smoke The Sticky Icky Stuff Responsibly. See Story Here
So, what does each Netflix strain feel like? Here are the descriptions of each.
The Omega Strain (Strain: Sativa Hybrid)
- - An incredibly potent hybrid that brings the best of both worlds to your bong.
Eve’s Bush (Strain: Indica Hybrid)
- - The perfect strain for getting in touch with your inner goddess, or scissoring with your bestie.
Rutherford B. Haze (Strain: Sativa Hybrid)
- - A moving tribute in cannabis to our 19th president, this sativa can help you begin your own personal reconstruction.
Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later, BoJack Horseman, Arrested Development
Camp Firewood (Strain: Indica
- - A very chill indica that’s perfect for late nights around a campfire and taking it higher and higher.
Prickly Muffin (Strain: Indica Hybrid)
- - When you smoke this, it gets a little easier. But you gotta do it every day. That’s the hard part. But it does get easier.
Banana Stand Kush (Strain: Indica)
- - A fruity indica perfect in a bowl, vaporizer or big yellow joint.
Chelsea, Grace and Frankie, Lady Dynamite
Vodkush (Strain: Sativa)
- - Don’t think of yourself as a stoner. Think of yourself as an advanced botanist.
Peyotea 73 (Strain: Sativa Hybrid)
- - Blow a little courage into your mouth with this uplifting sativa hybrid.
Sassafrass OG (Strain: Indica)
- - An indica that won’t self-steam, but WILL give you the power of one thousand pug snorts.
Santa Clarita Diet, Orange Is the New Black, Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return
Baka Bile (Strain: Indica Hybrid)
- - A cool and easy indica hybrid that’ll really ramp up your appetite.
Poussey Riot (Strain: Sativa Hybrid)
- - A sativa hybrid that’s great for, y’know, like, kicking it with somebody, talking, making mad stupid jokes, and not even wanting to go to sleep.
Moon 13 (Strain: Sativa Hybrid)
- - A sativa hybrid from the not-too-distant future that’ll help keep your sanity, no robot friends required.
It's a pretty interesting, and bold, marketing move by Netflix, but, hey, if there's one time people are generally smoking weed, it's probably before binge-watching a bunch of TV shows and movies, right? How in the hell else are we supposed to know what's going on without such helpful concentration?
MORE: Pot Experts Tell Us What Their Favorite Cannabis Strains Are (You Know, Just For Sh-ts And Giggles). See Story Here