Being an actor or actress for a living has to be one of the coolest jobs on the planet. Sure, I understand it takes a hell of a lot of work and, even more, skill, but to slip into a character for a movie and perform for millions has to be rewarding—especially when you're good at it.
While acclaim comes from peers and studio execs via award shows and such, the true value of an actor/actress is their salary, leaving them open to negotiate a hefty payday because, deep down, they know that they'll kill the role, the studio knows that they'll kill the role and, because of that, the movie will blow up in the box office.
So who did that the best in 2016? Well, Forbes released their top-grossing actors/actresses of this year, so here are the names who fell in the top-10.
- 1. Scarlett Johansson - $1.2 billion
- 2. (tie) Chris Evans - $1.15 billion
- 2. (tie) Robert Downey Jr. - $1.15 billion
- 4. Margot Robbie - $1.1 billion
- 5. Amy Adams - $1.04 billion
- 6. Ben Affleck - $1.02 billion
- 7. Henry Cavill - $870 million
- 8. Ryan Reynolds - $820 million
- 9. Felicity Jones - $805 million
- 10. Will Smith - $775 million
Now, remember, this isn't what the actor/actress netted, but rather, what the movies they starred in collected, based off of ticket sales for all the movies released in 2016.
Still, with most of these entertainers already A-listers who can all but name their own salary when it comes to a film, you've got to believe that they're all getting a pretty little penny thanks to the parts they're being chosen for.