For all you Indiana Jones fans out there, which is probably all of us, some solid news just got announced that will make you very, very happy—even if we will have to wait a few years to see the final product.
That's because Disney announced that there's a fifth installment of the Indiana Jones series that's set to release on July 19, 2019—and Harrison Ford will be back in the lead role.
After teaming up with director Steven Spielberg for the fourth movie in the series, 2008's Indiana Jones And The Crystal Skull, Spielberg said that legendary * Star Wars* producer George Lucas will also be involved as an executive producer on the project, with Spielberg previously saying, "Of course I would never make an Indiana Jones film without George Lucas. That would be insane."
Here's what Disney’s chairman, Alan Horn, said in a statement, via NME:
“Indiana Jones is one of the greatest heroes in cinematic history, and we can’t wait to bring him back to the screen in 2019. It’s rare to have such a perfect combination of director, producers, actor and role, and we couldn’t be more excited to embark on this adventure with Harrison and Steven.”
And, in a bit of a spoiler, Steven Spielberg had this to say about the tiny, unfathomable possibility of Harrison Ford, AKA Indiana Jones, being wiped out at the end, adding, "I think this one is straight down the pike for fans. The one thing I will tell you is I’m not killing off Harrison at the end of it.”
It may be two years away from its release, but who isn't excited as hell about this news right now?