Image via ToledoBlade.com
One of the hardest rocking metal bands ever is set to hit the road once again this year, guys, with Tool announcing some of their dates for a U.S. tour today that should get everyone excited about the near future with the band—which has long delayed the release of its fifth album.
Promising an “unparalleled sonic and visual experience”, here are the available dates and cities that were available on Ticketmaster, with tickets going on sale on the site on March 17th.
- May 24 — Fairfax, VA, Eaglebank Arena
- May 27 — Bangor, ME, Darling’s Waterfront Pavilion
- May 28 — Boston, MA, Boston Calling
- May 30 — Rochester, NY, Blue Cross Arena
- May 31 — Hamilton, Ontario, First Ontario Centre
- June 2 — Montreal, Quebec, Bell Centre
- June 4 — New York, NY, Governor’s Ball
- June 5 — Pittsburgh, PA, Petersen Events Center
- June 7 — Detroit, MI, DTE Energy Music Theatre
- June 8 — Chicago, IL, Allstate Arena
While the group has openly stated that "family commitments" and an ongoing lawsuit with their record label are to blame for the long hiatus, Tool's planning on doing what they've always done best—rock the hell out—performing at these first 10 sites before, according to their website, hinting at even more future shows in the future, with the band's website advising “fans of the band to keep checking back with the Tool websites and socials for additional shows.”
It has been forever since we saw Tool together on stage, but we're finally getting the comeback that we all deserve.
Lead image via ToledoBlade.com.