So a man from FHM was asked to organise a stag do. He thought very hard, for at least five seconds, and then called stag organisers Red7 to do it all for him.
Here's how we worked it out:
Current coolest city in Europe: Berlin. Tick. Best things to do in Berlin: ride Segways, fire handguns at stuff. Tick. Tastiest German bar food: Schwarzwaldstuben. Tick. Best bar crawl areas: Friedrichshain and Prenzlauer Berg. Tick. Greatest warehouse-sized, multi-room clubnight for stag groups: Soda. Tick.
Here follows the results:
FYI Book in advance with your party's dates of birth for a free gander at Lord Norman Foster's mad glass dome atop Germany's parliament building.
COLD WAR PERMATANS
FYI The Berlin Wall came down on 9 November 1989 - quite a long time ago. So we don't know why these US and Soviet soldiers are still here, or why they are wearing faking tan.
FYI The Dubya Bush administration wanted to move the Brandenburg Gate and maybe the whole street a bit to the right, due to security concerns for the US Embassy next door. The Berlin city government's reply? Nein!
FYI This man is a busker. He happened to be playing John Williams' Star Wars soundtrack on his trumpet when Darth Vader arrived, and consequently appeared a little bit surprised.
FYI Darth doesn't have a very impressive weapon here. But the man who wore the Darth Vader costume in the original Star Wars fight scenes was a British Olympic fencer, Bob Anderson. Sadly, Bob passed away on New Year's Day, 2012.
FYI Darth contemplates currywurst. Around 800 million currywurst sausages are sold in Germany each year. Berlin even has a currywurst museum dedicated to this pork-based piece of culinary legend.
FYI Jimi Heselden OBE, the former miner, philanthropist and millionaire boss of the company who make Segways, died by accidentally driving one off an 80ft limestone cliff in West Yorkshire in 2010. He was 62.
THE SITH GO CLUBBING
FYI Something, Something, Something, Dark Side. Not only the perfect caption for these pictures, but also the 20th episode of the 8th season of Seth MacFarlane's Family Guy.
LITTLE MISS CHATTERBOX SHOOTS A WALL
THE TACHELES GALLERY AREA
World Cup 2006 remembered.
Well, what about it?
FYI This is the Tacheles art gallery in Berlin. It is full of anti-capitalist artworks and is under permanent threat of closure by the authorities. Which would be a shame, because it's really good. Support Tacheles here.
Why book a stag do with Red7?
- You’ve got a massive choice of great locations and activities. We wanted to do a something really cultural and intellectual, obvs. But when we got to Berlin it became clear – a stag do needs what a stag do needs. And Red7 know exactly what the simple ingredients are for a stag do. And we mean simple.
- As the best man, you don’t need to outlay lots of cash yourself on your credit card, and then go through the pain of asking the stags to cough up. Whoever pays Red7 before the deadline goes on the stag, whoever doesn’t pay, doesn’t go. Your party can pay in installments as well if that helps some of them make it out there.
- You don’t need to worry about choosing a hotel for your group, or trying to book one if whoever answers the phone doesn’t speak English. The same with the stag activities – loads of research and expensive, crossed-wires phone calls abroad are avoided.
- You can get local guides who can help you book restaurants, get your entire party into bars and clubnights that are just right for them, and tailor each bit of your stag weekend to your particular group – while it's happening.
- Book this stag do to Berlin
- Book any stag do that Red7 offer
- Up for something closer to home? Check out this Brighton stag vid: