When it comes to footy, it’s a well-known fact that it’s not just sportsmen who are superstitious – fans are just as prone to relying on lucky charms and rituals to bring their team good luck.
FHM headed into deepest darkest Germany with Thomas Cook and a bunch of travelling Arsenal fans to find out what mementos and traditions punters rely on to get three points in the bag.
For your chance to win a pair of tickets to see your team play, simply email email@example.com with the subject line MY LUCKY FOOTY CHARM. If possible, please also supply a photo (no mucky lucky pants, mind). Good luck!
Ben [right], 25, London
“I always wear a lucky red tie to work. I forgot to wear it last time, and we lost, so I won’t be making that mistake again!”
Chris [second from left], 27, London
"I've given up on lucky charms – we only ever seem to lose when I try, so I'm done with superstitions!"
Mike 21, London
“This shirt is my lucky charm. We’ve won every game I’ve worn it to. I just don’t wear it to matches I think we’ll lose…”
Adrian [left], 26, London
“Just beer. Having a few drinks is my good luck charm.”
Thomas Cook Sport provide official packages and travel options for UK clubs competing in European football, including Arsenal, Celtic, Chelsea, Liverpool FC, Manchester City, Manchester United, Newcastle United and Tottenham Hotspur. There are still some packages remaining for the final stages of the group stages, for more information please visit www.thomascooksport.com or call the team on 0844 800 9900.
Terms & Conditions
1. The prize consists of two tickets to a home Premier League game from one of the following clubs in the 2012-2013 season – Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton, Liverpool FC, Manchester City, Manchester United, Newcastle United and Tottenham Hotspur.
2. The package does not include travel to or from the ground or any hospitality at the ground.
3. Fans are reminded that tickets are in the home end and seats are amongst home supporters. Please be aware that any vocal or visual support for the opposition will result in ejection from the Stadium without compensation.
4. Entrants are reminded that tickets are issued subject to Football Club Regulations and the Conditions of Entry relevant to those tickets.
5. Competition open to all UK residents with the exception of employees of Thomas Cook Sport Ltd or Hatch Communications, their immediate families, agents or anyone else associated with the administration.
6. No cash alternative will be offered.
7. The competition closes on 28/11/12
8. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
9. The promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. All entrants must be willing to participate in publicity should they be a winner.
11. We reserve the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the competition if, in our sole discretion, the competition is not capable of being conducted as specified in the competition rules.
12. The promoter of this competition is either Thomas Cook Retail Limited, trading as Thomas Cook Sport or Airtrack (for UK departures), or Capitol Holdings Ltd, trading as Thomas Cook Sport (Ireland), for travel arrangements departing from the Republic of Ireland. Thomas Cook Retail Ltd registered office is The Thomas Cook Business Park, Coningsby Road, Peterborough PE3 8SB, and the company registration number is 00102630 England. Capitol Holdings Ltd registered office is 10B Beckett Way, Parkwest Business Park, Dublin 12, and company registration number is 163008. To discover more about Thomas Cook Sport, log on to www.thomascooksport.com