It's really no surprise that these hacks/leaks are continuing to happen, as consumers have been waiting quite some time for the release of the highly anticipated iPhone 8. Rumors have even alleged that buyers may have to wait an entire calendar year to for the new installation to the smartphone empire—oh, the horror!
According to Forbes—"Three alleged Foxconn employees have set Reddit into a frenzy with a thread that gave away extensive information about Apple’s upcoming 2017 iPhone and other products."
Gotta love the internet, amirite? Forbes generously provided the following list, take a look and enjoy!
- The new iPhone is called the ‘iPhone X’ (but it is unclear if this is a codename)
- It looks most like the middle version in both these leaked images (I called it)
- There is a new dual rear camera with vertical alignment
- The front bezel will be thinner on the Y-axis
- Test units have Touch ID under the glass “but performance and yield rates were not good”
- No version is planned with a rear fingerprint scanner
- AuthenTech’s long standing Touch ID capacitive touch module has been replaced
- There will be Facial Detection and a Retina Scanner
- And plural: “front facing camera modules”
- RAM remains at 3GB like the iPhone 7 Plus
- The aluminum unibody is replaced by “composite glass”
- There’s wireless charging via a rear panel
- It will again be “water resistant” (no word if the rating has increased)
- There is no USB-C, Apple is sticking with Lightning
- Production is indeed delayed