Image Via HBO
It doesn't matter if you're 15, 25, or 55 — being around the opposite sex or whatever sex you're attracted to sexually is nerve-wracking. Most of the time if I'm around a large group of guys, I check myself in the mirror every 10-15 minutes. Trust me, it's not out of vanity. It's because I grew up with brothers and God forbid I have a blemish or booger or worse yet, something stuck in my teeth and they all start to poke fun at me by way of aggressive chanting. Yes, I realize I shouldn't hang around people like that.. I'm doing my best, okay?
Moving forward, this insecurity isn't solely reserved for women. Dudes get all out of sorts too! I've seen it many-a-time. They may be better at laughing it off or scoffing, but rest assured....men have feelings a lot of which you'll see below. Reddit user, InTheOverYouGo posed the following sweat-inducing question —
"What is something that the opposite sex makes you feel insecure about?"
- "I'm a pretty confident guy , but im balding , so whenever i hear girls talking about how great some guys hair is I kind of wish i could have that trait , and knowing i never will kinda sucks." — Olimarwearspants
Relatable AF, Table For One
- "My emotions: Either I'm an unfeeling monster, a clingy sap, or I'm fucking crazy." — Vharro
Well, That's Blunt
- "I had a guy tell me I had a "strong-smelling" vagina and now I'm too self-conscious to ask anyone to go down on me. feelsbadman.jpg." — emthejedichic
Oh, Honey...That's No Fun
- "My belly. Men keep asking if I'm pregnant! It's completely messing with my head, especially since I would love to start a family soon but am not in an ideal financial situation. My belly isn't even large! It's made me incredibly self conscious." — pied--piper
Chin Up, Shorty
- "My height. Hard to feel confident as a 5'7" man when everyone wants someone tall." — icebice
It Adds Character!
- "I guess my nose that literally takes up 2/3 of my face." — PotatoSpy
You Sure About That, Pal?
- "I'm pretty skinny, I feel super insecure when I hear skinny jokes, not my fault I can't gain weight. I'd rather be fat and hear fat jokes." — ZynoT
Women Poop, I Repeat: Women Poop
- "Any bodily functions. In past relationships, I've had guys who would immediately tease me or ask what I was doing in the bathroom. Like, Christ, if I'm spending a weekend at your apartment, I'm gonna have to poop at some point! No need to make a production out of it." — chelseabelsey
Amen Brother, A-Freakin'-Men
- "Everything." — LostParader
To read the full thread, head HERE
MORE: If You're Looking To Feel Better About Yourself, Go Ahead And Read The Most Brutal Ways People Have Been Rejected. Read the story here
MORE: People Reveal What They Find Instantly Attractive (And They're Not Really That Creepy). Read the story here
MORE: Men Love Staring At Cleavage, But What Do Women Love Staring At? We Might've Cracked The Case. Read the story here