According to my intense research (by way of opening my Google browser for 30-seconds) tomorrow is National Beer Lovers Day! You know what that means — it's time to once again use a make-believe social media holiday as an excuse to drink during the day...starting with your morning shower, of course. Ah, isn't 2017 such a wonderful time to be alive? Not really, but we'll run with it for the sake of this article. I mean, we're talking about beer here, people. This isn't a time to be glum! It's not like we're discussing Raspberry Smirnoff Vodka — I just threw up in my mouth thinking about it.
Moving forward, beer drinkers are nothing if not innovative. Why? Because the only thing better than drinking beer is finding BETTER ways to drink beer. Don't believe me? I have a slight suspicion that the 8 badass inventions below might change your mind. Between perusing Cool Material and Fine Dining Lovers we came across some items we would most definitely purchase for our beer drinking pleasure. We hope ya'll agree!
My Top 5 Beer Inventions Explained:
Slip Cup —
- These cup inserts are the perfect barrier between your cheap college beer and grimy pong ball. They come in two sizes — 16 and 18-ounce disposable cups.
The Oak Bottle —
- According to Cool Material, "The Oak Bottle quickly and efficiently barrel-ages any drink you toss into it. Barrel-aged beers are an excellent addition to any maturing beer enthusiast’s palate."
2-in-1 Beer Shot Glass —
- Simple? Yes. Brilliant? Bigger yes! Can't decide between a beer or shot, just have both...centrally located in one convenient glass.
The Chillsner —
- You stick the stainless steel rod in the freezer and then pop it in your beer when you're ready to get your chill on. It hooks onto the bottle and allows the beer to flow straight into your potentially alcoholic mouth.
- As per Cool Material, "MiniBrew, conceived in Amsterdam, is the world’s first all-in-one countertop homebrew system. What makes it unique is that you can select a combination of ingredients straight from your phone, and get them delivered directly to your home. This ingenious little device also handles primary and secondary fermenting process, and includes a 5-liter mini keg. When they say 'all in one,' they really mean it."
MORE: These Are America's 25 Best Cities For Beer Drinkers, So You'll Want To Plan A Visit If You Don't Already Live There. Read the story here
MORE: The 20 Most Important Beer Terms To Know Before Ordering Your Next Pint. Read the story here
MORE: 8 Must-Know Beer Hacks That'll Change A Man's Life. Read the story here