Before we get into the friends with benefits meaning y'all have been wondering about. It's important to put things into some context. According to a study in The UK, a whopping one third of people below the age of 40 say they have enjoyed casual, no-strings sex with a friend. Statistically, that means your shot at a naked romp with the girl you like, without the obligations that come with a newly minted "in a relationship" status, are probably higher than you think.
But before you rush into your contacts list and text your hottest female friend, take note —there’s a set of unwritten laws you must abide by to make friends with benefits work, all of which are in place to prevent either of you from ending up in an emotional pitfall.
To help guide you through these laws, we enlisted Jo, Layla and Lana — some of our hottest friends to give you a crash course on casual coitus.
Now that you've enjoyed a little video action, go ahead and divulge in the tips and tricks provided by the lovely Jo, Layla, and Lana.
What Does "Friends With Benefits" Mean To You?
- Jo: "It’s a good friend that you have sex with, no strings attached."
- Layla: "I see it as a friend who you can practice your moves on. The key is not getting attached. Don’t have sex every day, use it like a spicy treat."
- Lana: "Honesty makes it work, then you know where you both stand. 'I’ve had a really shit day, do you want to fuck?' or 'I’ve just been sat over the wheel of the bus and need to get jiggy.' What? Nobody else had that?"
What’s Your Experience Of Friends With Benefits?
- Layla: "It worked too well, if you know what I mean. We had sex too much, and it became official. We grew fond of each other. It easily happens."
Any Tips On Making Sure You Don’t Get Attached?
- Lana: "I said, 'Thanks for the sex' once. Oh, and it sounds stupid, but a high five is a really good way to keep it light-hearted. Trust me."
What Sort Of Person Makes A Good FWB?
- Jo: "Not the sort of person you daydream about, but someone you could have a great night out with and feel good about getting off with."
- Lana: "If you think about them when you’re horny, that’s a good sign."
How Should A Guy Ask A Girl If She’ll Be His FWB?
- Layla: "Again, just be honest!"
- Lana: "Be blunt and just come out with it. Don’t send a dick pic, though."
Can You Have More Than One Friend With Benefits?
- Jo: "One is healthy. Any more just gets too difficult."
- Layla: "But what if you find another person you want to hook up with?"
- Lana: "You drop one. There are no strings. It should be emotionless."
- Layla: "It’s not that easy, though. You’ve probably had amazing sex, so giving it up is tough!"
- Jo: "Just make it a threesome."
Is There Anything FWBs Can Do That Loved-Up Couples Can’t?
- Jo: "They definitely can’t say ‘I love you’. Hugging after sex is a huge no."
- Lana: "But you can be much more experimental with positions, because you won’t feel embarrassed if you mess up. That’s the best kind of sex."
From the lips of beautiful women to your ears, guys! Follow these rules and you can do no wrong. Don't follow these rules and expect a whole lot of unnecessary complications from hooking up with a friend. Remember, the goal is to have no strings attached. Don't be the idiot who adds all the strings!
Lead Image and all other photography via Marshall James