×

A Woman Diagnosed With Crohn's Disease Actually Just Had A Ketchup Packed Lodged In Her Intestine

Image via Getty

For those of you unaware, Crohn's Disease is a chronic inflammatory bowel disease that affects the lining of the digestive tract. Of course, that description was from Google — c'mon, we're not medical experts. In layman's terms, Crohn's is the absolute F'in worst. People suffering from Crohn's have incredibly sensitive stomachs. Think irritable bowel syndrome x 1,000. They often have to change their entire lifestyle — avoiding certain foods and beverages altogether. In extreme cases, patients have to receive a colostomy bag. If you don't know what a colostomy bag, we're going to ask that you Google that one on your own, please.

Being diagnosed with Crohn's Disease isn't easy, as is the case with any lifelong illness. That's why as gross as the following story is, it must have come as a huge relief to the womman in question. According to the International Business Times

"A woman initially believed to be suffering Crohn's disease was misdiagnosed with what actually turned out to be a packet of Heinz ketchup lodged in her intestine. The ketchup packet had reportedly been stuck inside of her for six years."

Yes, people, you read that correctly — six F'in years. You'd think the damn packet would break down after that long, but, nope! We guess Heintz isn't producing what you'd call "biodegradable" products, huh? IBT continued:

"The 41-year-old woman experienced symptoms, such as abdominal pain, that are frequently associated with Crohn's disease.The patient, however, didn't respond to standard treatments given to others that suffer from the disease, according to a report published by the British Medical Journal.

Man, if this isn't reason enough to throw ketchup packets straight in the garbage, we don't know what is! To be honest, they suck anyway! You always end up getting the ketchup all over your damn hands and apparently, if you try hard enough, your intense. Don't worry, the patient in question had the packet surgically removed. It's safe to say that'll she'll be a mustard kind of gal from here on out.

Lead Image via Getty

More From FHM

Super Drunk Guy Nearly Dies After Shoving Two Fish Up His Butt.

People Got A Lot Of Random Sh*t Stuck Inside Themselves In 2017 (Including Their Butts).

The Worst Things Seen During A Routine Doctor's Visit Will Make You Hate The Hospital Even More.