Image via Shutterstock
Not long ago, we shared the wildest sex terms that we could find from a sexual education website. And while we're still laughing at some of those, a new Reddit AMA popped up on the Internet the other day that has brought even more chuckles, because it involves the things people really wished sex ed taught them while they were awkward teenagers.
Take a look at some of the funny things people spilled.
- "How genitalia function on a day-to-day basis, what is normal vs what is abnormal. Things like, 'vaginal discharge exists and is normal, you haven't somehow gotten an STD without having sex like some sort of reverse Virgin Mary.' Or 'genitalia vary widely in appearance. you're not a freak.' Or 'here's a basic cleanliness checklist: how to wash your genitals, what not to use to clean them, tips on not getting UTIs.'"
- "That most sex is for pleasure, and that only a very small percentage is for procreation."
- "I wish there was relationship education included in it like there is today. Maybe it would have saved a lot of drama across people in my school...but then again, maybe not."
- "Fuck, mine is just don't do drugs and don't have sex, it's not even called sex ed."
- "Wish they would have pointed out where the clit is."
- "How to stimulate my prostate without having to use my toothbrush handle :/."
- "It might have saved a lot of us a bit of trouble and pain early on to know some things like what should not be used as lube. Or perhaps that STDs aren't just transmitted through vaginal intercourse. Hell, one kid asked if it was normal to masturbate every day and the teacher just outright refused to answer because he was told to follow the script and it wasn't in the book. And from what some of my friends have told me, my presentation was even more comprehensive than theirs."
- "What condoms are/how they work. Apparently sex-ed teachers can get fired for explaining that...?"
- "How to leave quietly in the morning before she wakes up."
- "Oral sex and its existence. The old 'went to Catholic school' here. I thought that the word 'oral sex' is a one way thing only; that it refers to a woman giving a blowjob to a man. Never crossed my mind that a man can, and should, give their woman some licking down there."
Look, all of us were cocky little asses who thought we knew way more about sex than we really did back then. Now that we're older and actually do have quite a bit of experience, it's interesting to see what people wish they knew while they were trying to be the cool kid who just got his first hand job.
You can see the full Reddit thread here—and you won't be upset wasting some more time reading the replies.