Image via Ember Grille and Wine Bar
When most people think of rum cocktails, they probably don't envision the fall season. That's because rum is traditionally associated with summer, heat and the good ol' times spent around a pool or body of water, sitting back and enjoying the sunshine. But, guess what, guys, we're here to change everything you think about rum.
Just last week, we had the opportunity to not only drink Bayou Rum all week long down in Lake Charles, Louisiana, but we also got pampered, too, getting served some of the best rum cocktails known to man. Some of our favorites came from the mind and careful artistry of Kelly Bistok, the Head Bartender at Ember Grille and Wine Bar at L'Auberge Lake Charles, who showed us three recipes that used rum in cocktails in various ways.
Introducing us to three rum cocktail recipes that she created: the Hunting Ground, the Wire Walker and the Le Loup-garou, here's how you can take Kelly's creations and make them in the comfort of your home this fall season. After getting to sample each of these cocktails, trust us, you're going to want to serve these up to keep yourself nice and cozy this fall.
- 1.5 oz. Bayou Silver
- ¾ oz. Simple Syrup
- ¾ oz. Yuzu juice
- 1.5 oz. House Sweet and Sour
- 1 dash Bittermens Boston Bittahs
- 2 dashes Fee Bros. Orange Flower Water
- 1 small bunch Pink Peppercorns
- Muddle peppercorns and simple syrup in a shaker.
- Add the rest of ingredients and ice and shake.
- Double strain into a water glass over fresh ice and garnish.
Glass: Water Glass
Garnish: Pink Peppercorns, Hibiscus Leaf
- 1.5 oz. Bayou Spiced
- ¾ oz. Lemon Juice
- 3 oz. Sparkling Wine
- Measure rum & lemon juice into a shaker, add ice & shake.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass with cinnamon/sugar rim.
- Top with sparkling wine.
Glass: Cocktail Glass
- 1.5 oz. Bayou Silver
- 1.5 oz. oz. - Bayou Silver Rum
- 3/4 oz. - Disco Basil Simple Syrup
- 1.5 oz. oz. - Cucumber Juice
- 3/4 oz. - Lime Juice
- 2 dashes - 12% Saline Solution
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker.
- Shake vigorously for 10 seconds.
- Strain beverage into glass and garnish.
Glass: Chilled Cocktail Glass
Garnish: Pick with Cucumber Ribbon
MORE: 6 Manly Summer Reads (And The Boozy Cocktails You Should Drink With Them). Read Story Here
MORE: 10 Fruity Summer Cocktails With A Manly Kick. Read Story Here
MORE: The Official FHM Fall Beer Guide, 2017. Read Story Here
All images via Ember Grille and Wine Bar.