If you've ever gone skiing before, you know that it can be a dangerous sport, with the potential of some serious injuries to knees, arms or necks. But one ski instructor from Jackson Hole, Wyoming, Natty Hagood, found out that tree branches through mouths should be a concern, too
That's because the 29-year-old recently experienced the gruesome injury, with him posting pictures from the hospital of the damage, while also setting up a GoFundMe page to help with the $1,500 hospital bill.
Here are the pics which, as a warning, contain some graphic detail.
Speaking to a reporter from the Idaho State Journal*, here's what Natty had to say about the accident and injury.
"I thought maybe my chinstrap got pushed up into my face, so I tried to brush it off and that's when I felt the stick," he said. "So, I shook left to right and saw the stick moving in my peripherals. I reached out and grabbed it and wiggled it before realizing it was pretty far in there."
""It was initially about a foot and half long," Hagood said. "But I braced it against my cheek and snapped it down to about six inches. Ski patrol was all like, 'You're crazy, man.'"
Damn, this dude was so badass that he actually tried ripping it out on his own? No thanks.
Here's to a speedy recovery, Natty, who deserves a beer for having to endure something this extreme.