Image via Burrito Beach
If you're a guy, there's a good chance you enjoy spicy food. And because we have a feeling you're always looking for a go-to recipe to toss together for anytime you have buddies over to watch some TV, we've got you so covered you don't even know.
We talked with the good folks over at Burrito Beach to see if they'd be so willing to give us the recipe to their kick-ass, Spicy Sriracha Chicken-Chorizo Nachos, which, somehow, we convinced them to do.
Well, here's a more standard form of instructions to follow—and you'll need them, because these Burrito Beach nachos are no joke, topped with so much meat, cheese and other tasty stuff that you may have a difficult time making just one order.
Spicy Sriracha Chicken-Chorizo Nachos
Sriracha-Basil Ground Chicken, Melted Jack Cheese, Carrot-Daikon Slaw, Spicy Peanut Sauce, Black Beans and Mango
- 3 Cups Corn Chips
- 4 Tablespoons White Queso
- 1 Cup Sriracha-Basil Ground Chicken (recipe below)
- 4 Tablespoon Peanut Sauce (recipe below)
- 6 Tablespoons Black Beans
- ½ Cup Jack Cheese, grated
- ½ Cup Carrot-Daikon Slaw (recipe below)
- ¼ Cup Diced Mango
- 12 Slices Fresh Red and Green Jalapenos
- 2 Tablespoons Sliced Green Onion
- 2 Tablespoons Sriracha Sauce
- Lay 2 cups of chips onto a platter and drizzle with half the white queso.
- Scatter chicken over the queso and drizzle with 2 tablespoons peanut sauce.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of black beans over the chicken.
- Add second layer of chips (1 cup) and cover with remaining Jack cheese.
- Scatter Chicken over the cheese and place into 350 degree oven for 5 minutes.
- While chips are baking, toss the slaw together.
- Remove the chips from the oven and drizzle with peanut sauce.
- Scatter slaw over the chicken.
- Scatter mango, beans jalapenos and green onions over the nachos and drizzle with Sriracha.
Sriracha-Basil Ground Chicken-Chorizo
- 2 Tablespoons Peanut Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 2 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 4 Tablespoon Minced Shallot
- 4 Tablespoons Minced Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Serrano Pepper, minced or more
- 1 ½ Pounds Ground Chicken
- 8 ounces Ground Chorizo
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 4 Tablespoons Sriracha
- 2 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Rice Vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Ground White Pepper
- ½ Cup Rough Chopped Basil and Cilantro, Mixed together
- Place oil, garlic, shallots and peppers into a large frying pan.
- Cook and stir ingredients over high heat until they begin to soften.
- Add chicken and chorizo to the pan.
- Use a wooden spoon to chop, cook and stir the meat for a few minutes.
- Add soy sauce, Sriracha, lime Juice, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Continue to cook and stir until most of the liquid has cooked out of the pan, about 4 minutes.
- Add basil-cilantro mix and continue to cook and stir for another minute.
- Place all dressing ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Add carrots, daikon and cabbage and toss together.
- Serve immediately.
- This recipe is for 4 orders of nachos.
Head on over to Burrito Beach's website to discover more about them.