If you've turned on the news at all in the past few months or so, there's a good chance you've taken notice of all the scary ass info going on about nuclear weapons, internal and external affairs gone awry and all sorts of other stuff that freak you the f-ck out about what the future has in store for mankind.
And, look, while I'm not one to sit around and worry about things that I can't control like a massive earthquake hitting a coast or a enormous, life-threatening bomb being dropped somewhere, it's hard not thinking about it given all that's going on in the world. Seriously, when did everyone get so hostile?
While that's a question for another day, our friends over at 888 Poker decided to put together a fun little experiment, actually putting odds on some of the top ways that the world could end.
As the video above shows, here are the top-10 ways that 888 Poker thinks we're all going to die off, with explanations from the site to support the fear.
10. Aliens (1/500) – the truth is out there, but will it be friend or foe?
9. Black Hole (1/125) – tunnel to a different universe? Maybe. World-eating pit of endless despair? Probably.
8. Grey Goo (1/100) – a self-replicating machine that consumes matter to create more of itself has been pitched in science fiction, but once it eats its control panel, how are we meant to stop it?
7. Robot Uprising (1/80) – this won’t come as a surprise to anyone who saw “Terminator”, but killer robots are increasingly likely, from Alexa going HAL 9000 to driverless cars driving off cliffs.
6. Bioweapons (1/60) – along the same lines as pandemics, a human-engineered virus could easily go awry and bring about our downfall.
5. Natural Disasters (1/45) – the most likely natural disaster to spring up is a global drought, but other options include super storms, ice ages, and the unnerving words “lava everywhere”.
4. Nuclear Missiles (1/30) – World War III isn’t an appealing concept to anyone.
3. Pandemic (1/2) – we’ve had a few scares in the past few years with Swine Flu and then Bird Flu, then Ebola, but it only takes one superbug really kicking off for us to perish.
2. Judgement Day (1/1) – according to Harold Camping, it’s a sure thing. He’s said it was guaranteed to happen on four different occasions, but he’s no less certain than he was before.
1. Sun Consumes Earth (1/1) – the only truly “certain” end if all others fail, in 5 billion years, we’re all toast.
The site didn't stop there, though, as they actually added a few other options, too, with the chart below showing things we should all be worried about.
So, if you haven't already been losing sleep about all this craziness going on around the world, now you definitely will, because we're all doomed...